PLYCYCLE

Take a look at the finished bicycle here.. www.plycycle.co.uk

Monday 26 September 2011

The PLYCYLE, it works!

At last the chain arrived, I quickly fitted it in the exhibition space at Aardman and got the bike outside as quickly as I could. A couple of pals joined my for the maiden ride and we filmed it.

The first ride of the plycycle.

I have to say that it made me beam from ear to ear. I was happy that at long last I could actually ride the bike I had set out to make back in March.
How does it ride? Well it is well balanced, and stiffer in the frame than I had expected. There is substantial twist in the frame if you push hard on the pedals off the line of the crank, but I expected that. It is however less than I had anticipated, which is good news.
I now want to do some proper test rides and carefully find out if it will be strong enough for the road. 
But whatever happens next, I am pleased as punch that the project became a reality.

I also have grown to really like the handle bars that I put on so although I had thought of making a wood/aluminium hybrid bar, I dont think I will now.

The plycycle lives.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I saw a wood/steel handle bar here

    http://www.ciclistica.it/prodotto/manubri-legno-ciclistica

    ReplyDelete