PLYCYCLE

Take a look at the finished bicycle here.. www.plycycle.co.uk

Monday 11 April 2011

I've got wood.... plywood.

So I finally made it to the wood shop to investgate ply wood for my bike. Robbins timber, in south bristol are set up to supply the boat building and mending trade, so have a very good stock of hard wood and marine ply. I was only going to have a look, but one thing led to another and I came home with a half sheet of building grade 25mm hard wood ply. It is less than half the price of marine grade which has no air gaps between laminate layers, this does have strctural / strenght implications, but for my prototype I will be fine using this for the frame, rear stay, well i am not so sure.

The lovely lovely timber yard.

My new piece of 25mm hardwood ply in the van.

2 comments:

  1. I just really like working with wood made designed and am always looking for new techniques of doing it.I have obtained a lot of information from your web page.

    Modular Kitchen | MDF with Veneers

    ReplyDelete