PLYCYCLE

Take a look at the finished bicycle here.. www.plycycle.co.uk

Thursday 17 March 2011

The bottom bracket....

I had initially hoped that I could hide the bottom bracket mounting inside the wooden bike frame with a single metal tongue filleted between the two halfs of the plywood frame.  This may still be possible, but I am worried about the amount of torque that will have to go through this fixing, as it is one of the most mechanically stressed parts of the bike. My plan at the moment is to use a two metal mounts that sandwich the wooden frame. This will defiantly be stronger, but I also want to keep the metal work hidden as much as possible. If I can find a way of making this work then that would, of course be best. I had best get the sketch book out.

1 comment:

  1. Merlin,

    Snap! My neighbor and I are doing the same thing, albeit a wooden cargo bike. Our blog even has the same background.......check it out (www.boomstik.blogspot.com). I am looking forward to seeing how your project evolves.

    ReplyDelete